Competition Day

A day before the competition day

One message received

From:08*******

Cha, we have to gather at school at 6 in the morning for the competition.

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? 6 in the morning? Really? What kind of competition will start that early?" said I to myself.
Me who wasnt yet sure about the time and worrying if my friend heard wrong information-asked my other friend.
" Bi (bianda is her name), is it true we have to come at 6 straight in the morning?" I sent a message.
" yes, its true and have to come on time. Dont come late!" She replayed

I hurriedly told my mother about this, and she said, " Dont worry, Your father will take you!" Glad me then.
This happened in the afternoon when I arrived home a day before the competition day.

At the night...
I woke up from my nice nap at a half to seven.
Ive told to myself, "This is the last day for you to work out about the Geo Science thingy. Yes, yes, I do realize that! Dont worry Ill study!"
Just for you to know, in the 2 weeks length after being told about the Geo Science competition, Ive never studied seriously! The intention did come somehow, but I cant afford to study! As I told you IM NOT INTERESTED IN THIS SUBJECT AT ALL!
Ok lets continue. After doing shalat Magrib, I went to my room, searched for my Geography book, opened it, and I started to read. I studied but unfortunately it didnt last long. After about 30 minutes reading, I heard a sound came along from somewhere. I knew that sound! yea! Its a sound of the computer being on!
"I want to play computer, yea I want to play" is the only word thought.
But I have to study, so I stuck still in front of my book.

1 minutes..2 minutes... 3 minutes...

"Ok Im done! I cant handle to stay here and read such a book that I couldnt understand" finally I give up. I ran and took a seat in front of the computer. BROWSING BROWSING AND BROWSING!!! Ive been like stuck by a glue and unconscious in front of the computer. haha.

1 hour..2hour..3hour..

I looked at the time, NINE O' CLOCK!
I was pale (no, Im not that over). Every person in my house went in their room to have their sleep.
OH NO!! I realized, I havent studied yet! What is going to happen with me by tomorrow?
Because everybody had slept, I also decided to have a sleep, but the problem is I havent studied.
While brushing my teeth, I suddenly remembered, my lil brother has an encyclopedia about earth, "aha,How if I just read that book, beside it ll be more interesting" I thought.
I went back to my room and read that book all along the night..

The next day morning...
Kraaaaaaaang!!!!!!
the alarm woke me.
I woke at a half to six! haha. I wont bargain away my sleep time just because I have to come at 6 o clock to school. However I made it on time to school. Im a super fast girl. haha
When I arrived there at school, only several students had gathered. Even teachers havent come!
I wasnt surprised about this, Indonesian are like that. They never respect the time. (No, no, Im not included there, well at least I think Im not. Or am I?. Well lets stop questioning. Just pretend like Im the good part of one. LOL.)
I waited until 7 o clock, and on that time as well finally we departed. yea, 1 hour waiting turned my mood on. It even became worse when I knew we'll use an ANGKOT to reach the competition place. Well its much better than if we have to ride a DELMAN or BECAK or even by feet.

Finally, about 9 o'clock we all arrived at the place. Its in SMAN 1 CIKUPA. The place was sooooooooooooooo not proper and........and I cant tell how worse it was.
Well lets just jump to the Competition Started part.
I entered the class of the Geo Science one. Pakde was in front of me, and Bianda was behind me. At about 9 the proctor distributed the Geo Science paper of questions. After about 1 minutes distributing the paper, the bell rang- signed the competition had started.

I opened the paper, looked at the question, and read it.
number 1........
"umm I not quite sure about the answer, lets go to number two."
number 2........
"I think Ive read about this but Im not sure"
number 3.......
"Well, does my book explain about this?"
number 4........
"have no idea"

and it happened continuously until the number100. The answers Ive known about even didnt reach a half of them. IMAGINE! IMAGINE, how crazy I was that time!!!!
At the end there were about 9 questions unsolved by me, and I let those number blanked because of the deducting system. So, if I answer it wrongly, then my score will be deducted 1/2.

Finally, the time ran out and finally Its over. Im done with my job here. FINALLY!
When I leaved the class with Bianda, I asked her weather or not she could answer the questions. She defencelessly said, " Only several of them." Now, lets see how Pakde reacted when he was asked the same question. "Its easy" he said. No wonder, he is an expert in that.

After the very tiring long journey (lol) we finally went back school. Its better on that time because I didnt use angkot anymore. I used the school car which has air conditioners.

It was so so and so tiring. Really! But Im happy with it. Ive got another "GREAT" experience in my life. haha.

The annoucement about the winner havent came out yet. However I still hope I'll win, eventhough its seemingly impossible. haha.

0 Responses to "Competition Day"